Virgin of Vladimir with red mantle painted on an egg (the symbol of life), a reproduction of the ancient icons of the Russian and Greek tradition. The icon is hand-painted. The Baby is with his mother Mary and she tenderly looks at him. According to the legend, this icon was painted by Saint Luke himself. From Jesrusalem, the icon was brought to Costantinople in the chruch dedicated to the Eleousa Virgin. In 1131, the icon was then brought to Kiev and in 155 to Vladimir, in the north of Russia.